Posts Tagged Running
You have left work and arrived at a designated meeting point close to London Bridge.
You have approximately 2.8 hours to get to survivors of the Zombie invasion in order to get coordinates that will allow you to navigate the area and arrive at the resistance HQ.
Additionally you will have to avoid being tagged and infected by rather fast moving Zombies as you go.
Before this, the only time I was likely to break into a sprint would be if I was being chased by an axe wielding tiger. But I ran like hell screaming like a girl, as did my team mates, when the Zombies appeared on street corners and under bridges.
This was my first experience of a “pervasive” or “location-based” game, it was run like clockwork, and despite knowing it was a game I was drawn into the crazy story.
So did we make it? Three of our seven strong team (me included) were infected and despite making it to HQ there was nothing they could do for us, except hideously effective Zombie make-up.
I shall be on the look out for more of these games, though I must say the bar has been set very high. This was a treat, and as I am aware it will be taking place in other cities in the future I say go for it.
It should be noted that this was an extremely physical challenge; those with mobility, or physical health problems should check with the organisers of these kinds of games before buying tickets.
- So @RIFT___ 's Macbeth is amazing bimblelina.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/thr… Next up @secretcinema for Back to the Future. Summer 2014 is looking good! #London 4 years ago
- Did you hear the Scottish Play has crossed dimensions? Dare you enter the @RIFT___ ? #london #theatre bimblelina.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/thr… 4 years ago
- Through the RIFT with no Spoilers wp.me/p13lwA-45 4 years ago
- Win tickets to @ChilledInAField with the awesome @FestivalKidz :) festivalkidz.com/competitions/w… #festival #free #competition http://t.co/e6SIDkEKA1 4 years ago
- RT @ChilledInAField: Calling all performers! Do you live to entertain? Drop us a line. :) email@example.com fb.me/2A45OqtLg 5 years ago